Sunday 12 October 2014

OUR GOD, OUR REFUGE!

GOD IS OUR REFUGE



OUR GOD, OUR REFUGE!
Psalm 46:1-2

What is refuge?
Refuge is a place or a condition of being safe, or sheltered from pursuit, trouble or danger.
A place or state of shelter, protection, safety, covering, security....a hiding place!

Some trust in chariots, some in horses....(Psalm 20:7).
Happy is the man that has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God (Psalm 146:5)

Woe to them that go down to 'Egypt'...
Is your strength relying on the riches of Egypt?
Are you trusting in the uncertain well-being of Babylon?
You can't trust in the arm of the flesh, and pretend to be looking up to God.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear....(Psalm 27:1-6)

The Lord is a sun and shield.
I will say of the Lord, He's my refuge and my fortress...(Psalm 91:2)
For Thou, oh Lord art a shield for me...(Psalm 3:3)

A very present help 'in' trouble. The Lord is ever present to help us in the time of trouble.
(Psalm 50:15)

Though the earth be removed....I will not fear.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil...(Psalm 23:4)
When you pass through the waters...(Isaiah 43:2)

How can I secure God's refuge?
1. The fear of God (Prov. 14:26, Psalm 34:7)
2. Seeking the Lord (Psalm 9:9-10; Psalm 27:4)
3. Walking in holiness/righteousness (Psalm 24:3-4; Prov. 18:10)
4. Trusting in the Lord (Psalm 125:1-2)

PASTOR NATHANIEL SADELA
      Resident  Pastor
for more details on pictures and proceedures of the service: check our posts on www.facebook.com/gacikeja and our tweets on www.twitter.com/gacikeja.
gacikeja.Media

No comments:

Post a Comment